Friday, February 15, 2008

Romance, Garden-Style



Just the other day, I was reading Gayla Trail's blog entry about Valentine's Day gifts for gardeners, and thinking how sweet an idea it is to give such a gift. Practical (usually) and keyed toward a hobby that grows plants, which are the traditional Valentine's gift.

I asked my husband not to get me a gift, since we've got the Whole Big Move Thing going on, but last night "the cats" presented me with a card, and this handy tool, a Leatherman Pruners Hybrid. Before this, I didn't actually have garden snips, and had been thinking about that lack a whole lot. It's not something I ever, ever mentioned though, so it makes me love "the cats" even more to know "they" were thinking that much about what I like, and what I need, and what I struggle with buying for myself.

No comments: