Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Tonight, we dance

Or more aptly...this weekend, we garden.

I spoke to my gardening consultant (aka "Dad") yesterday, who informed me that I can start my seeds "last week." This weekend, then, will be a project. I really need to get my pots indoors and scrubbed, I need to get my potting soil topped up, and I need to start planting! My planting chart will be consulted, but right now, I'm thinking....peas outdoors, lettuce and greens outdoors, tomatoes indoors, eggplant indoors, hot peppers indoors. Actually, I can probably get my carrots and radishes sown outside as well now that I think about it. The weather's been warm enough that I could probably take care of those and the peas tonight after work.

I also got on the waiting list for a Community Garden just a few minutes away from our current home. I won't hear until April whether I get a plot, so I can't do much planning ahead as far as starting more varieties. But since I'll start multiple seedlings of the same plants, the excess could go into the community spot. And I can always pick up plants next month.

So yes. This week will officially kick off my gardening season, after a long long winter.

No comments: