Monday, September 10, 2007

Pepper post


I harvested some tiny little peppers this weekend. So exciting! These started out creamy white, and they recently darkened to orange, and then red. Very bright, and it makes me happy just to look at them. Of course, I haven't -tasted- them yet. They're marked as "edible ornamentals," so I'm not convinced they'll be all that yummy. Still, they don't take up much room, and they're very cheery.


Here are my other "edible ornamental," Pretty in Purple. These are taking a very long time to fully ripen. They start off purple, but they're supposed to ripen red. So far, I've got purple, and purple fading to white, and something that may darken to red. Maybe. I wish I'd taken before and afters of the entire plant. It started out as a wee little bitty thing, and now it's easily as big as my banana pepper plants. Except it's growing horizontal instead of vertical. I think I'll try to use this one again next year, but to prune it back so it looks nicer.


The banana peppers are edible, and not ornamental. This one got very fancy, though! I'm not sure what made it curl up on itself like that, but I bet it'll taste just as good as its straight and narrow colleagues.


No comments: