Friday, September 28, 2007

It wasn't a fluke!

I made another batch of gorgeous oven dried tomatoes yesterday. This one's even darker than the last - I'm a little afraid I didn't let the first batch go long enough, and I'd really like to have some last through the winter. Actually, that's a bit laughable, as there's really not enough to keep me happy for more than a few dishes - less, if I share. But having the option to find them in my cupboard in 3 months would be nice.

I'm thrilled to still be pulling things off the vines, and I'm hoping the current string of hot days will help ripen more of those shiny beautiful tomatoes. There should be enough grape tomatoes on the vine to get at least 1 more batch done.

I am already daydreaming about growing grapes next year, and 80 trillion tomato vines.

No comments: