Tuesday, September 4, 2007

I need to go out and take some new pictures of the garden. The tomatoes are still going a little crazy right now, and I fed them more milk this weekend to encourage more out of them. The lone cucumber is ready to pluck this weekend, and I think there was a second starting to develop. Designs for next year's garden are starting to occupy my thoughts in the early mornings as I wake up. Things to do this winter: Borrow "Square Foot Gardening" from the library, work on building some raised boxes if we figure out what our next home's yard looks like, and figure out some dedicated space to start seedlings indoors.

I still can't eat the hot peppers in the garden in their raw state, but I cooked dinner for the whole family and significant others yesterday, and snuck a couple in to the enormous pot of beef. It was pretty great to be able to use them, just like that after picking them. I have visions of preserving leftover veggies, but this year's garden isn't going to produce enough for that. Next year's crop will be a little more ambitious.

No comments: