Monday, August 27, 2007

Insult to injury

I went out to water plants this afternoon, and realized the one lonely radish that had been left intact by the neighbors' dog is now gone. Vanished. I suspect smaller critters at work. The snap peas also looked a bit trampled, and all the sticks in the pot were smashed or broken again. I replaced those. I'll replant the carrots and radishes this weekend. Earlier if I can get out for more potting soil.

The single cucumber borne by the vine is looking very pretty, all shiny and green today. I moved the two mobile tomato plants into full sun for the afternoon to help them ripen, since it's not as hot today as it's been recently. The greens are starting to look distinctly different from one another...I need to pluck some sprouts to give them a little breathing room. That should happen this weekend too.

I wish I could chew, because there are several banana peppers that really want to come off the vine already.

No comments: