Tuesday, August 14, 2007

*seethe*

I peeked outside today to check on the garden and noticed that the carrot/radish trough appeared to be on its side. And that some of the peas' climbing twigs were on their sides. I rushed out to investigate, and sure enough, the trough is nearly empty of putting soil and seedlings alike. I can only guess that our neighbors' Great Dane puppy was outside unsupervised and got into them. Nothing else was touched, and the seedlings weren't eaten, just uprooted.

I am so very, very angry. There's not a thing I can do, except replant this weekend. I may go back out tonight and try to salvage what I can, but it's disheartening. I can't wait to have a place that's not a condo, so we don't share a yard with anyone. This is the second time something in my garden's faced an early demise, and both incidents are linked to the same neighbors. It's not malicious, but that doesn't make me feel any better about it.

To cheer myself up a bit, I picked two more grape tomatoes, and 2 small banana peppers.

It didn't work.

No comments: