Sunday, August 12, 2007

Mini Harvest


The garden got no love from me yesterday, but a quick peek into the back yard confirmed that everything was doing just fine without me - better to avoid fixing what isn't broken! I wanted to take a few shots of what I've got going on out there today, so out I went. Of course, the finicky cuke was wilting on me by then. Ridiculous. I busted out the watering can, snapped a couple of pictures, and admired my little green world.

The picture is of the Pretty in Purple pepper. I'm somewhat suprised they haven't turned red yet - they've been at that large-ish stage for nearly a week. ("Large," of course, is a relative term here, as the fully grown fruits don't even reach 1".) It's a very pretty plant, all in all. The purple fruit is pretty and whimsical. It's labelled as an edible ornamental, so hopefully it'll taste good once it's ready to be picked!

I brought in 1 cherry tomato - closer in size to a grape tomato, really - 1 small standard tomato, and one purple string bean. I ate the bean myself, but fed the cherrygrape to my husband, who declared it "a pretty good tomato!" He may have just been soothing my ego, but who cares? He's pretty smart for a boy.

No comments: